Friday, July 4, 2008

Sweet land of liberty


Today I declared this "Enjoy America Day" for the girls and I, since Matt was working. I thought it would be a nice way to celebrate Independence Day for us. So we went out and did just that.

I don't know if "dedicate" is the right word here, but I would really like for this post to be especially for a few people in our family: my grandfather, my father-in-law, my grandfathers-in-law, my brother-in-law, and many others. All of them and countless others have served or are serving in one branch of our armed forces or another.

Today, as I spent time with my girls just enjoying the freedom that we have to pick a place and go be together without fear, I found myself being so grateful for these good men in our family (and their wives) who have been so willing to serve to preserve the rare freedom that we enjoy. I don't know a better way to say thank you, other than to show you the pictures of my girls...every time I look at them, my heart fills with gratitude for the blessings we have. I am so grateful that my girls are able to grow up in this wonderful, free, country, and I am so grateful to all of those who have willingly risked their lives to give my family this peaceful country to live in!

Here are a lot of pictures of our Independence Day, enjoying our wonderful country!




















Thank you!!!




3 comments:

chantilita said...

What perfect little princesses!! :) I'm so excited to see you guys!!!

kannie said...

That is truly wonderful! I've been feeling so much, so much more deeply than ever before, this year, too... very, very cool. Thank you so much for being such a righteous example and teaching your children so well!!!

Tara and Dan Stewart said...

Beautiful pictures of beautiful girls!