Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Mommy Yoga

No, not my yoga business...

I came across this book by accident, when I was doing a random Amazon search for my own videos. It is entitled Mommy Yoga: The 50 Stretches of Motherhood, by Julie Tilsner, ill. by Susan McKenna. It looked so cute that I bought it, and I must say, I highly recommend it to any yoga mom that needs a good laugh! I have laughed and laughed. :)

Here is an example, which is rather indicative of how my day has been:

Slop



From a standing position, forward bend to floor and make large wiping motions until all lunch is cleaned up. Slowly curl up, one vertebra at a time, until facing baby again. Accept strained peaches on face with serenity. Breathe!



6 comments:

matt said...

No wonder you're so good at regular Yoga! You have 4 kids! :o)

Thanks for being a Yoga Mom :o) I Love you!

chantilita said...

LOL that's awesome--it sounds like a chapter from the book I'm writing about "Yoga for the Sleep-Deprived" :)

kannie said...

That does look totally hilarious!!! "Find strength in happy disarray!"

badhomecooking.com said...

Hey! My Google Alert brought me to your blog...so happy to hear you got a good laugh out of Mommy Yoga! From one mom to another...Thanks for mentioning it in your blog! - Julie Tilsner (www.julietilsner.com and www.badhomecooking.com)

Ann said...

It was my pleasure! I want to buy one for every one of my friends. Thank you for putting together such a fun and charming book on motherhood. :)

Tara and Dan Stewart said...

Too funny!!