Wednesday, September 10, 2008

God's opportunity

Well, I don't have much time for blogging these days. :) I know all my avid readers have missed me...both of them. :) It seems I don't have time for much this week other than packing, getting the sniffles as I get overwhelmed, eating the sniffles away, junking stuff, packing, sniffling, eating, eating, and eating. Oh, and did I mention that I deal with stress by eating??? :)

Eating aside, I am really doing pretty well. I've gained 4.5 pounds this week, but who cares. The girls are trying so hard to be good, and we're really seeing light at the end of the tunnel here. :) I have been listening to lots of talks while I work and the girls sleep, and I just love that because I feel uplifted and blessed, rather than overwhelmed and stressed. Last night I listened to the CES broadcast from Sunday by Jeffrey R. Holland. It was amazing, and I highly recommend it. I feel so many times like I am blessed with these talks by these wonderful leaders, which answer questions that I needed help with. You can go here to listen. But one little nugget he said was that "Man's adversity is God's opportunity." There is so much more depth in the talk, and I hope you'll find a chance to listen. It is wonderful. We can find choice, holy moments of sacred teaching, even in the most difficult of circumstances in our lives. We are so very blessed by a Heavenly Father who loves us.

5 comments:

chantilita said...

I love you :) You always inspire me to try a little harder!!! Hope the move goes well! Love you!!

kannie said...

Yes, happy move!!! :-) And feel free to call anytime you need to "sniffle" and nothing looks appetizing... love you!!! :-)

Nicole said...

i will check out that talk. i loved our talk the other night. hang in there...incredible things await.

The Arizona Richters said...

Please know that we're all here to support you going through tough times. Ah, the mysterious but sometimes very frustrating plans the Lord has for us. :-)

Tara and Dan Stewart said...

I know how you feel- moving can be stressful, but exciting at the same time. Just think how lovely it will be when you're all unpacked in the new place!! Light at the end of the tunnel...

Now go buy yourself a bag of Doritos- you deserve it!! :)