Wednesday, January 28, 2009

How to get a baby brother...


Lately, our 5-year-old has been telling me constantly that she really wishes she could have a baby brother. She has all kinds of logical arguments as to why it would be great.


The other day, while she was practicing her violin, she stopped and asked me again. I told her that just because she wants a baby brother, mom doesn't just magically have another baby in her tummy.

"I know how to get a baby brother in your tummy," she said.

"You do?"

"Yes. You put your hands on your back like this (then shows me), and you walk around really funny, then a baby brother comes in your tummy. Then it hurts a lot and he comes out."



Can you tell someone's seen a certain movie too many times lately?

6 comments:

kannie said...

What? That doesn't work? LOL

I remember that my younger siblings would occasionally pester Mom & Dad about another baby, LOL... but I don't know how early they started! ;-)

Chantile said...

LOL wow.. if that was the way to get one, I'm pretty sure I would have had twins after my coughing-induced back pain, 'cause I walked around like that for about a month! :) lol I love your kids!! :)

And see how cultured they are? "...while she was practicing her violin..." lol you pretty much had to threaten me to practice mine! :) lol you're awesome ;)

Ann said...

Ohhhh...it's not always real easy to get her to practice. She started talking about a baby to stall practicing...LOL :)

Tom and Natalie said...

That is awesome! Maybe I should try that and I could have a baby!

Tara and Dan said...

Uh oh. Does that mean I'm pregnant??? Because I swear I walk like that right now... Nope, mine is just uncoordination and old-ness. Yes, I made up that word.

Tara and Dan said...

By the way, did you tell her she's going to play back-up in our band??? Maybe she'll practice harder now.