Thursday, January 29, 2009

You gonna eat that?


I was changing the baby's diaper, and my 2-year-old was sitting next to me. After the diaper was changed, I saw that the baby had an enormous booger blocking one of her nostrils, so, like any mother, I pulled it out of her little nose.

My 2-year-old said, "Mommy, you gonna eat that?"

"No," I said, laughing, "I was just helping her breathe better."

"Can I eat it? I like tasty boogers!"



(In my defense: a) I did not let her eat the booger, b) when I stopped laughing/crying because I was laughing so hard, I did try to tell her again that boogers are germy and we shouldn't eat them, c) I debated about whether this was too gross to post, but funny trumped gross.) :)

7 comments:

kannie said...

ROFL!!! :-) What a cutie! And actually, there's a theory that eating boogers is actually a form of self-immunization, since the germs are less likely to do harm in an acid bath, LOL... there's *my* gross-out contribution for the day! ;-) Love you!!! :-)

Chantile said...

LOL Oh... my.... wow!! Moses on a bike, that's all I have to say! lol :)

Tom and Natalie said...

Oh, my gosh! That's hilarious!ba

Libby Olenslager said...

wow..... :)

Jason said...

I love it! That is to cute . Good post . Hope says to tell you Hi and she misses you.

Nicole said...

i love that post!!!! your posts are so fun. and i'm sorry i haven't called yet, i've had a stomach flu and food poisoning this weekend. talk about drama. but i'm doing better. don't give up on me!

Tara and Dan said...

I remember thinking the same thing as a kid..... shhhhhh!! don't tell anyone!!!!!!!!!! Oh, kids are so innocent and sweet. And I love that you caught her digging for gold in that last picture :)