Saturday, August 28, 2010

A day at Estes

 
We spent the day at Estes Park.  It is quickly becoming one of my favorite places.  

Can you hear the sweet sigh of relief?  It was so nice to get away from the daily pressures for a little while. 

Riding the tram up the mountain:
 

We love it here!
 
Feeding the chipmunks was the highlight of the day.  :)

 
What a trooper!
 

 

 

 

Our two-year old calls them "chickamunks."  :)

 

 
Nothing like clambering over rocks!

 

 

Is this child growing before my very eyes?  I think she is.  Shame on her. :)

 

 

 

 

 

 
With my five favorite women on earth. :)

 

 
There should always be a little time for drawing in the dirt.  (Here she is drawing arrows for the chipmunks to follow, so they don't lose us.)  :)

 

 

Beauties!
 
Trooper, trooper, trooper.

 
All mine. :)

 
Making you want to pull your hair out one moment...

 
...melting your heart the next.
(Isn't that the definition of "two?")

 
Back down the mountain.

 
And the trip just would not have been complete without a little trip to the Estes Ark.  :)  
(PS - Thanks, Dad, for helping us find it.  It hasn't changed much.) :)

 
Leaving just before the afternoon storms roll in...these late summer afternoon storms have got to be one of my favorite things about living in Colorado. 



I LOVE my family!  Thank you, Loves, for the blissful day.

5 comments:

Kaui said...

That makes me miss everything so much more! We had so much fun there too! I didn't care for the tram ride up and the tram "driver" asked me if I was afraid of heights, I guess me standing like I was going to tumble to my death was a sure sign!

c h a n t i l e said...

I <3 Estes!! Truly one of my most favorite places on earth. SO jealous!!!! :)

Also, very jealous of the storms. They keep promising me rain, but it's kind of lame rain. lol But lame rain is better than no rain!

I LOVE the Estes Ark!!! Looks like such a great day!! :)

Jessie Mae said...

I miss Estes! I am so glad you went! Love you all!

matthewgrichmond.com said...

Truly one of the best days! Glad you posted the pictures up here!

Debra Domenici said...

What a beautiful area. I love spending time in the mountains with family. We have started to go up the canyon on Sunday evenings with family and friends. It is so relaxing and enjoyable to go up and roast marshmallows and hotdogs over the fire, to listen to the river rushing by, to see the kids playing together, and just being together with those you love enjoying nature and all that Heavenly Father has blessed us with!